Los Angeles Limo Service Advice For International Business Travel November 20, 2014
Los Angeles Limo Service Advice For International Business Travel
Luxury transportation has been a developing industry for hundreds of years. But the industry has shown that company history, not world history, is the best thing to focus on when choosing a company.
As premier ground transportation professionals, KLS has come taken care of many VIPs, executive travelers and tourists all over the world. Our experience has helped us compile this list of important questions to consider before leaving the country on a trip, and we would love to share them with you.
- Is my passport up-to-date? Is it within 6 months of expiration? (If so, you need to renew it as some countries won’t accept it.)
- Do I need a visa?
- What vaccinations are required? Do I need anti-malaria pills?
- Is altitude sickness a possibility?
- Is the water drinkable? (If not, don’t order drinks with ice cubes, don’t order salads which are washed, and don’t let water get into your mouth when you take a shower.)
- What is the currency exchange rate?
- What is the time difference? (Jet lag is the enemy of every business traveler.)
- What is the dress code? (In Muslim countries, women especially need to cover up as much as possible.)
- What are some of the customs in that country? (For example, in Japan, it’s customary to spend a lot of time reading a person’s business card when they hand it to you.)
- What are some of the laws of the country? (In Singapore, gum chewing is illegal.)
- Are handshakes or bows acceptable when greeting someone? How much pressure should I apply in the handshake?
- Is it expected that I socialize with the people I am working with after business is concluded?
- Is a gift appropriate for the people I’m working with?
- If I’m bringing my own equipment for a presentation, what type of electrical adaptor is required?
- Will any security be required?
- Do I need travel insurance?
- Who can I contact in case of an emergency?
- How do they conduct meetings there?
- Do I need to learn the language? (It’s best to learn a few key words which your hosts will appreciate.)
Over years of exceptional service, KLS has built a standard for Los Angeles car service that everyone else in the luxury transportation industry is trying desperately to meet. We offer 24-hour, live reservations center to answer any questions and book all last minute transportation requests. Ask about convenient flat airport rates.
Click here to book a reservation with KLS Worldwide Chauffeured Services and get your safe, comfortable and stylish luxury vehicle today!